How to Become a Member of GBBA
The Greater Boston Baptist Association welcomes new churches, current mission churches and church plants to become voting members of the Association. In order to become of member of the Association, this is the process:
- Member candidate will complete the Membership Application and submit to the Credentials Committee at least six (6) months prior to the Annual or the Semi Annual meeting.
- The written request will include a copy of the church's constitution and by-laws.
- The church will submit a signed and dated copy of the Membership Covenant that outlines the elements of membership responsibility. This is also a record of the vote of the congregation to voluntarily cooperate with the Association.
- All membership materials should be sent to: Credentials Committee, Greater Boston Baptist Association, 754 Greendale Avenue, Needham, MA 02492
- The Credentials Committee will make an initial review of the church documents.
- A member of the Credentials Committee will contact the candidate church to set up a personal interview with the church.
- After the personal visit, the Credentials Committee will further review the documentation provided and the information gathered at the personal visit to make a determination regarding the membership request.
- Member candidate will get written communication from the Credentials Committee regarding their determination or further request for information.
- If the member candidate meets all the requirements, their church will be brought before the Annual or Semi Annual meeting for a formal presentation.
HELPFUL DOCUMENTS TO REQUEST MEMBERSHIP